Saturday, August 7, 2010

Beauty and Family

It's so important to me that everyday women never lose themselves in the constant battle of juggling so many obstacles in their everyday lives. Yet, at the same time never dismissing the power and magic that women bring to a household and family and understand the fine balance between the two. 

As a mother to a 4 year old, a wife from a very young age, guardian to my 17 year old brother, executive assistant to one of the top celebrity makeup artists in the beauty industry, professional makeup artist, aspiring chef and business owner, many would agree that my hands are full.  Yet, I never lose the importance of beauty inside and out. In fact I want to help women celebrate it.

This blog is dedicated to any woman who refuses to let her hectic schedule inhibit her from taking care of herself or her family. It's to help women rediscover the original traditions of beauty with today's best products and unparalled advice from yours truly. 

Raised as a Cuban-American, it was imperative for the girls in my family to know and understand how to cook our culture's traditional meals. We would all eat dinner at the table and although I didn't realize it then, it was what made me feel closer to my family.  Growing up, I learned and improved all of my family's recipes (although some are so near perfection they needed no improvement) and have since developed a passion for recreating the most delicious, fast, versatile and wholesome meals. I hope that by sharing my recipes I can encourage and inspire women to develop that same sense of 'family' within her household that I was so blessed to have. Nothing brings a busy family together like a homecooked meal and so with that I encourage you to celebrate your beauty, no matter what you bring to the table....

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written! You are an amazing woman, Alex. It is a pleasure to be on a strong team with you. Your blog is such an amazing idea and I can't wait for your next post. Love ya girlie! -Taryll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet Taryll! I'm blessed to stand beside you on this amazing journey. Stay tuned for some amazing info. Love ya too! xo

    ReplyDelete